DWC Posts Proposed Amendments to the QME Regulations to Online Forum for Public CommentFeb 09, 2022
The DWC has posted proposed amendments to the QME regulations to its online forum. The forums allow for the public to review and comment on the proposals which we have also included below for you to review.
You can access these forums by clicking here:
The draft regulations include the following:
- Extends the time frame to schedule a medical-legal evaluation by an additional 30 days.
- Clarifies that the time frame for scheduling of an evaluation is for both initial and subsequent evaluations.
- Updates to allow for electronic service of documents.
- Provides flexibility if parties agree an initial evaluation can occur at any office listed with the medical director.
- Deletes reference to Agreed Panel QME to be consistent with Labor Code section 4062.2(c)
- Provides for a QME or AME to reschedule an evaluation within 60 days of the date of the cancellation unless the parties agree beyond the 60 days.
- Provides a mechanism for Remote Health Medical-Legal evaluations if specific criteria are met.
- Provides a definition of remote health evaluations and identification of office location when a remote health evaluation is conducted.
Learn more about the Online Forums by clicking here:
Sourced from www.dir.ca.gov
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the news and updates from our team. And get exclusive updates as CSIMS members.