This course for physicians practicing occupational medicine, attorneys, nurses and claims representatives will focus on new evolving issues in the treatment and evaluation of industrial injuries.
At the conclusion of this course, attendees should:
- Have a working understanding of California's workers' compensation laws and how physicians should function within the system including recent changes in regulations governing ethics.
- Have an improved understanding of cultural and linguistic issues that can affect the success of treatment and/or evaluations.
- Be aware of recent legislative, administrative and judicial decisions affecting physicians practicing occupational medicine.
- Gain a better understanding of how to measure and report permanent impairments properly.
- Be familiar with the current best practices in use with respect to treatment authorization requests and the utilization review system in California.
- Be familiar with the latest approaches to returning injured employees back to work more effectively.
- Have a better understanding of the laws concerning occupational medical disputes through the use of actual case studies.