CSIMS' dues cycle is September 1 - August 31. Second year dues will be prorated on a monthly basis to reflect any partial first year membership for Active, Associate, Salaried, Premier and Sustaining Members only.
- Active Member: $1375. Includes physicians and surgeons, optometrists, dentists, podiatrists, and osteopathic and chiropractic practitioners licensed by California state law and within the scope of their practice as defined by California state law. Majority of practice is occupational medicine.
- Associate Member: $595. Physicians for whom occupational medicine constitutes less than 10% of their practice and who are QMEs.
- Salaried Member: $350. Physicians on a full-time salaried basis with a government, educational or research institution and without a private practice.
- Sustaining Member: $1795. Same as Active Members above and providing additional financial support to the Society. Includes one complimentary audio- or live seminar per year.
- Premier Member: $3295. Same as Active Member, plus complimentary admission to all seminars (including audio), a workcompcentral subscription, a discount on second license for Cedaron impairment rating software and 24/7 phone access to CSIMS staff re: billing & collections issues.
- Affiliate Member: $595. Physicians who are not QMEs and for whom occupational medicine constitutes less than 10% of their practice and mid-level professionals such as Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and other, licensed, non-physicians who provide direct (face-to-face) care to patients with occupational illnesses or injuries.
- Retired Member: $150. A physician who was an Active, Sustaining, Premier or Associate Member for at least three consecutive years, immediately prior, who is retired from active practice. No Directory listing.
- Allied Professional: $495. Attorneys, clinical administrators, nurse case managers, utilization review personnel and others interested in the Society.
- Clinic Member: 20% off any of the above categories if two or more physicians from the same clinic join. Please call CSIMS at (800) 692-4199 to join as a Clinic Member.
- New & Returning Membership Promo: Physicians who have not been a member of for any of the preceding three years. For 2016 - 2017, this corresponds to the last year of membership being 2013 - 2014. First year membership is $350; second year $595; third year at current Active Member rate. For additional details, click here.
Discover why more than 400 top physicians have chosen CSIMS.
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
CSIMS is the RECOGNIZED voice of occupational medicine before the California Legislature and state agencies. Our two lobbyists have a combined 62 years workers’ compensation experience. CSIMS was instrumental in turning around what was going to be a 40% reduction into a 25% increase in the Medical-Legal Fee Schedule (MLFS). More recently, CSIMS led the initiative that caused the Department of Insurance to exclude cost containment fees from the definition of medical costs, greatly reducing the would-be effect of medical care on insurance premiums.
ENHANCE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Keep on the cutting edge of evolving practice and legal developments, effective treatment guidelines, fee schedule revisions, and business opportunities. CSIMS is approved by the Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC), California Medical Association, Board of Chiropractic Examiners and other organizations to grant continuing education credits to members at substantial discounts.
IMPROVE YOUR BILLING & COLLECTIONS RESULTS
Do you wonder how much you’re “leaving on the table?” Are you confused about which codes to use or which fee schedule is applicable? Are you sick of being down coded? Are you tired of the old slow pay routine? Daily, the CSIMS staff helps dozens of members like you. CSIMS can help you code correctly, reduce billing disputes, and, ultimately, IMPROVE YOUR CASH FLOW.
Professional Consultation with CSIMS Experts
- Billing & collections – proper coding
- Reducing collection hassles
- Successful use of 2009 MTUS
- Utilization review procedures
- Improve proficiency with AMA Guides
- Overall regulatory compliance
- On-site staff in-service training
- On-site staff in-service training
UR and Med-Legal Toolboxes
- Treatment authorization requests grouped by ACOEM or ODG, Body System or treatment needed
- Links to AMA Guides and other vital Med-Legal resources
- Court/Legal references including Almaraz-Guzman
- References to the statutes, regulations
- Links to numerous evidence-based guidelines
- Articles and Advisory notices that you need
MPN Provider Network
- PPO and MPN contract review services
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Approved provider for AMA PRA Category 1® CME, QME, RN, DC and MCLE credit
- Live seminars and distance learning programs
- FREE Billing and Collections Seminar CD and Syllabus
- Special tuition discounts for members and their staff
- Cambridge Medical Funding Group II, LLC ("Cambridge") to assist CSIMS in obtaining medical receivables financing through one of Cambridge's unique programs. Click here to learn more or phone Cambridge at (323) 638-4776.
- “Members Only” access
- Exclusive access UR and Med-Legal Toolboxes and news resources
- Membership Directory